AREAS OF INTEREST
- Computational Intelligence in Control Applications
- Parallel processing, Neural Networks.
- Fuzzy systems in Pattern Recognition and Control.
- Signal Processing Algorithms with applications on image and speech processing.
- Pattern Recognition.
- Image Modelling, Segmentation, Restoration, and Enhancement.
- Image Analysis and understanding – Computer Vision.
PARTICIPATION IN EUROPEAN RTD PROGRAMS
- ESPRIT – SPIN (Through National Technical University of Athens ). My involvement: Study of the prosody of Greek Language. Periods 1/8/1987 – 30/9/1988, 1/5/1989 – 30/10/ 1989, 1/2/1990 –30/6/1990.
- EUROTRA (Through ILSP – Machine Translation between languages of European Countries). Personal involvement 1/1/1992 – 31/12/1992.
- TRANSLEARN (Through ILSP – Machine Translation between languages of European Countries). Personal involvement 1/1/1993 – 31/12/1993.
- STRIDE HELLAS (Through IDEATECH S.A and LAMPRAKIS RESEARCH FOUNDATION– Multimedia in Education and Culture). Personal involvement 1991 – 1993.
- TMR (Through DUTH – Development of MRI processing tools). Programm No ERB FMRX CT 970160, Title: “ Advanced Signal Processing for Medical Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy”, (1998 – 2001).
Also, participation in 15 national (partially supported by the EU) RTD projects, in 8 of them being the scientific responsible
- “Dunarea de Jos” University of Galati, Department of Electrical Eng , ROMANIA (Professors: S. Caraman, L. Frangu)
- Petroleum – Gas University of Ploiesti, Dept. of Automatic Control & Computers , ROMANIA (Professors: N. Paraskiv, A. Moise)
- University of Kragujevac, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, SERBIA. (Professor: G. Devedzic)
- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Control and System Research, Sofia, BULGARIA. (Professor: Petia Koprinkova)
- University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany. Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering, Chair of Automatic Control. (Professors: T. Moor, G. Roppenecker)
- University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany. Computer Science Department , Chair of Pattern Recognition (Inf. 5) (Dr. Elli Angelopoulou)